From Principal Brito’s Wildcat Chat:
The students and staff of Washington School will celebrate Halloween on Thursday, October 31st. Parents who are helping with room parties should enter through the main doors to receive a name badge. If you have not yet had your driver’s license scanned by our Raptor system, please do so as soon as possible. If your name is not on the room parent list, you will not be permitted to attend the classroom parties.
Based on feedback, we have amended the morning Kindergarten parade to include parents and relatives. Morning Kindergarten staff and students will exit the building from the classroom doors, and head east on Stewart. Our afternoon costume parade will take place around the track at the back of the building. Relatives or parents who wish to view the parade on the track may do so. Please note, if the weather does not cooperate, the parade will take place indoors for staff and students only.
We appreciate your cooperation and support with our Halloween celebrations.
Other Important Guidelines:
- No food or candy is allowed at the party!
- Parents who are assigned to help with the class parties, must be registered with the office. Parents who are not a room parent or have not registered with the office will not be permitted to attend the class party.
- EVERYONE is welcome to attend the parade. The parade is in the PM.
- AM Kindergarten Parade will be outside, weather permitting. Parents will not see the parade if it is inside the building.
- Students need to return to classrooms after the parade to pack up for regular dismissal.
10:30 a.m. Kindergarten AM Parade
*This year we will parade with the morning Kindergarten students through the hallways and outside.
10:45 -11:30 a.m. Kindergarten AM Party
2:00 p.m. Students change into their costumes
2:15 – 3:00 p.m. Halloween Classroom Parties
3:00 p.m. Halloween Parade
3:30 p.m. Dismissal from classrooms
- Costumes are optional for students in grades K-5.
- Costumes should be brought to school, and students must be able to put their costumes on themselves.
Costumes brought to school MUST:
- BE OF NON-VIOLENT NATURE
- Not contain ANY weapons (real or imitation). This includes, but is not limited to, swords, guns, knives, clubs, lasers, etc.
- Not contain any fake blood or other gruesome masks
- Masks are NOT allowed to be worn at school during the party or the parade
(Masks need to be left at home).
- Not represent a violent character such as, Freddie Krueger, “Jason”, an ax-murderer, etc.
- Not display any alcohol, drug or cigarette logos
- Cover the child appropriately: that is, no exposed torso, chest area, buttocks, etc.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation in supporting a safe and enjoyable holiday celebration!