You must be logged in!
Room Parent Responsibilities
Room Parent Coordinator
Is the head Room Parent who works with the classroom teacher on logistics of the classroom parties and field trips. Coordinates the collection of money for party supplies and gifts for the classroom teacher. Is the primary communicator between classroom parents and teacher. Recruits parents to fill needs as requested by the classroom teacher.
Responsible for helping the Room Parent Coordinator with planning and assisting with the classroom parties. Room parents are given the opportunity first to chaperon field trips, but are not guaranteed participation in the field trips.
Ragtime Reader Coordinator
Responsible for coordinating parent volunteers to come into the classroom to read. Keeps the classroom teacher informed of the scheduled parents and sends out reminders to parents with their designated time to read.
Room Parent Signup Rules
1. Please indicate a first, second, and third choice of grade, room, and teacher if applicable to maximize your chances of being selected.
2. Requests will be processed in the order they are received.
3. We need a room parent coordinator and room parents for all classrooms, and ragtime readers for Grades K – 2.
4. You can only be room parent to one class.
5. You must accept and adhere to the D64 Board of Education Policy.